Scroll down the page for Virtual Tours, Books To Read, and Things To Watch.
all the plans can be downloaded and/or printed by using the buttons on the right hand side of the grey top line
I particularly like this one . . .
and this one is a brilliant idea for the back yard
finally, more horizontal storage space
HOW TO MAKE OR CREATE A PERSONAL MASK
VIRTUAL TOURS OF MANY INTERESTING PLACES
TAKE A TOUR
Clicking this button will take you to the Good Housekeeping article that has the links to all the different tours.
(these links will open in a new tab on your computer to make it easier to save your place. After viewing a tour, simply close the tab and you should return to this page)
- The Louvre
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
- Van Gogh Museum
- Getty Museum
- The Vatican Museum
- Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum
- Georgia O’Keeffe Museum
- National Museum of Anthropology, Mexico City
- British Museum, London
- NASA: Langley Research Center Glenn Research Center The Space Center Houston’s app.
- National Women’s History Museum: online exhibits and oral histories
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- High Museum of Art, Atlanta
- Detroit Institute of Arts
- Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam
- National Museum of the United States Air Force
- MoMA (The New York Museum of Modern Art)
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
And three more Virtual Tours worth doing . . .
Uffizi Gallery, Florence
Florence’s treasure chest of Renaissance art. Botticelli, Titian and Canaletto
A Youtube video of their Andy Warhol Exhibition
‘Keith Haring | Jean-Michel Basquiat: Crossing Lines’ show
Zoos and Aquariums (web cams)
- The Cincinnati Zoo
- Atlanta Zoo: “Panda Cam“
- Georgia Aquarium: African penguins and Beluga Whales
- Houston Zoo
- The Shedd Aquarium
- San Diego Zoo
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- National Aquarium
Books To Read
- Project Gutenberg has over 60,000 books you can read.
- Hathi Trust has thousands of old books in collections, including old sheet music.
- Moreton Bay Library offers thousands of books, plus much more
Things To Watch
With this list you get the chance to watch Movies Old and New, Documentaries, even old TV shows from the comfort of your own couch, and FREE.
Better still you can watch what you want, when you want, and stop and start as often as you want.
BONUS: There is lots of Kid focused stuff too, so babysitting the grandkids just got easier. (And their parents can’t complain as they have no alternative)
THE EASY ONES FIRST . . .
They let you watch what they have already shown, so handy for catch-up, or going back and rewatching shows you may have missed.
All require you to setup an account with them.
And here’s a local secret that gives you access to books, music and movies.
Thousands of ebooks, access to freegal a complete library of all genres of music, and a membership to Movie sites called Beamafilm and Kanopy, all at no cost.
Follow the links below. You just need a library card.
Find ebooks. Watch movies. Enjoy music. Start elearning.
Members can access hours of free entertainment, information and learning from the Library website anywhere, anytime.
Need help joining or using the Library’s online resources?
Or do you have a question that you would like to ask a librarian? Contact your library.